Each year, our Meadowbrook Waldorf School community comes together to design, plan and execute our traditional Holiday Faire. It is an event unlike any other in the area, and I have watched it grow each year in attendance as visitors come from all over the tri-state area and beyond to celebrate this special time.
As the Winter solstice approaches we join together with enormous heart and soul to bring together our theme this year and we strive to bring visitors to our campus so that we can inspire them with our approach to this wonderful tradition.
November 17th: ?Adults only evening; join us at 6:00 PM- 9:00 PM. Bring a new friend to our community and receive?our coveted holiday ?swag bag? put together for our first fifty guests which includes discounts, gift cards, and prizes from area businesses. ?The evening will be a shoppers paradise + bonfire, food, music, and festivities. ?Participate in our live auction and bid on items that will knock your socks off!
November 18th: Family Day- any and all can attend a day filled with music, shopping, crafts, events, performances and food. Opening at 10:00 AM / Closing at 4PM
The following is a list of the top reasons you might consider joining us this year:
1) This years theme is ?Guiding Light? as we remember the warmth and light that this season brings to our hearts and homes. ?Find beautiful crafts, ?activities, performances, and unique gifts that portray this wonderful theme and explore our beautiful campus decorated to ?light? your up your hearts and bring a smile to your faces.
2) Choose from an unbelievable assortment of gifts and products and handmade items crafted by individuals in our own community. ?These beautiful, timeless, and quality gifts are things you just can?t find anywhere, and they make a long lasting impression on those who?receive?them. Our school store will offer finely crafted european toys and delicacies from around the world to fill your stockings and deck your tree or table. ?We hand pick items that are made by quality craftsmen and women from around the world including housewares, clothing, ornaments, and fineries. Follow our board on Pinterest to get a visual sampling of our magnificent offerings, and don?t forget to ?friend? us on Facebook or subscribe to this blog to stay in touch with our community and learn about our other events.
3) This year we will add a new aspect to your shopping experience in addition to our ever popular school store and our consignment section by adding a new section of vintage accessories, and gently used books and wooden toys. This is a great section of gifts for that hard to buy person in your life who might just appreciate a piece of history by way of a vintage hat, piece of jewelry, wooden toy, book, or a fun handbag or top. This section is a great addition for the hard to buy ?tween? or teen in your life, the antique collector, or super funky fresh individual who can appreciate the up-cycled nature of this type of gift. This section will stand along side an expanded collection of ?dress up? clothing for kids and we?ll have a large dress up box so that you can consider adding to your dress up box at home. Faires, and Pirates- eat your heart out!
4) Our campus will be filled with the scents of yummy BBQ this year in addition to the delicious baked goods, cakes, cookies, and roasted nuts. Plan on filling your belly with the best our community bakers and chefs have to offer! YUM!
5) Our ever popular Gnome Cave will return along with our raved about Marionette Performance which is put on by our talented educators. ?We?ll invite you to dip your own candles and try your hand at some woodworking crafts so plan on bringing the kids for some family crafts and performances and don?t forget to stop and pet the bunnies and allow the little ones to ride the ponies. Oh, and don?t forget the Pocket Lady as she roams among the children to offer treasures in exchange for tickets. She?s a magical being who always adds to the wonder of the experience.
6) Another long awaited addition to our Holiday Faire this year is an Auction that will be filled with products and services that our visitors can bid on. Join us in the excitement that comes with the possibility of placing the winning bid for over fifty + amazing items, ?services, vacations, and gifts.
7) If you want to learn more about Waldorf Education?and what we might have to offer for your own family, ?you can visit with our educational experts and partners who can share way?s in which the Waldorf experience might enrich the lives of your family and children. ?Look for our holiday gift guide?when you arrive to find the room where we?ll be available to answer questions or demonstrate way?s in which our approach might differ from mainstream educational choices. ?Also feel free to read more about the growth of Waldorf Education in the world from the major newspapers and magazines that helped us share our way of teaching and learning with the rest of the world.
We promise if you join us you won?t soon forget the experience, will go home with a full belly and heart and hopefully a sac filled with unique and inspiring holiday gifts for your friends, family, children, and grandchildren.
The following is a list of anticipated gifts, brands, and items:
European toys and games and gifts for all ages including products from Kathe Kruz, Haba, Grimms, Selecta, Ostheimer, Moleskine, Quiver, Red Chair Studio Designs, Peter Zuerner, Om?s by Miquette, Seedling, Kiddo, Bloc, Baby Legs, etc?.
Marble runs, dolls, blocks, stilts, boardgames, accessories, jewelry, dress up, vintage, kitchen play, puppets, science kits, nature kits, sewing kits, collectibles, felt, looms, musical instruments, scarves, cutting boards, stocking stuffers, candles, ethnic gifts, blankets, linens, hand bags, hair accessories, home decor, card games, luminaries, beads, art supplies, crafts, clay, nativities, stockings, ornaments, hats, mittens, carvings, and much much much more!?